not a single person called 911. I could still be stuck under there for all you know. I mean, don't you have a heart? <sigh>. Well, I made it out of the crawlspace. I was victorious. Almost 10 years of mediocre drainage were put to death by a swift (well, 2 hours) of determined plumbage. I tried to plan for all contingencies since it's so miserably hard to move around down there. I bought a couple different elbows and cut a couple different sizes of pipe to join in so I had 2 different heights and 2 different lengths. Well, 3 if you count the other elbow. Actually, I think I had more than that. let me think. Wow, that's actually a lot of combinations. I'm pretty smart. But when you're down under your house you have to live by your wits. Anywho, it was challenging to cut the pipe fitting off due to the cramped space but I managed it. I had to get kind of intimate with the main drain line but it was cool cause we had dinner first. After I cut the fitting off, I eyeballed it and yep, there was a bunch of gunk in there. But, when I tried to clean out the stub piece that went into the main drain I discovered that it was pretty much totally gummed up. I had to have one of my boys bring me a drill and use that to power through. There was definitely some rust, but after some drilling, jabbing, swearing, and poking I got it cleaned out. I then put the new fitting in and use the fernco couplers to get it all nice and snug. Was a little bit looser than I liked, but I reefed on it until it seemed nice and tight. Rebekah ran the water and no leak! wow. I topped off my final (i hope) excursion by putting a little sensor by the mainline to detect any water leaks. Kind of neat and for only $10 at home depot I think it's a good idea. The main line has a patch on it and it's seeping a tiny amount. At least this way if it gets worse I should find out before the house floats away.
No comments:
Post a Comment