Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fat bottomed girls...

...you make the rockin' world go round. Inappropriate? Yes. Offensive? Possibly. Funny? Absolutely. I mention this because Rebekah woke me up this morning by bringing Trin in to see me and for some reason I turned on the radio. Maybe to see her dance a little. maybe to wake me up. Not really sure. Don't really care. But there I was playing with Trin (and baby Clell made an appearance too) and the song "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen came on the radio. Needless to say this song has given me much amusement over the years and has provided an auspicious start to a day when I have much to do and little sleep on which to do it. I went and played a couple board games with some guys last night which might seem a little lame but is actually quite fun. The most unique game involved cars and violence. The goal was to score the most points in the bloodiest and most appalling way possible. Hitting organic speed bumps (ahem, pedestrians) was first and foremost on everybody's mind. Of course, they're slippery little buggers so it's easier said than done. And what would a violent game be without the opportunity to shoot your fellow players (or flame throw, or land mine, or ram) and wipe-out as you head around turns? Of course, it's modeled on real life where when you crash you get to start over after giving up an accessory card, and taking a minus to your points. I will tell you this, it was a lot more fun driving home later. Unfortunately, somebody must have been through ahead of me because I couldn't find any moving speed bumps to hit. . Last place in life AND in the game.

No comments: