Ever have one of those days when it seems like the only thing that will quench your anger is the spilling of blood? Sometimes I don't understand myself. I just had to apologize to my oldest because he moved a cup full of juice to the wrong table and baby Clell spilled it all over. I think on days like this I need to just withdraw from human interaction to minimize the collateral damage. Speaking of which, Forrest knows what collateral damage is. I bet not too many kids his age do.
Forrest is being home schooled with public school curiculum via k-12. It has been working well because there is a plan and accountability. It works well, because we can ignore some of the secular humanist teachings while still educating the child. Forrest graduated Kingergarten early and was promoted to first grade. The nice thing is that if he's doing well in one area he can go as fast as he wants. But so far he hasn't had any issues so he's working on first grade math and phonics. Rebekah is planning on going over things with him all summer. So, I am pleased. Titus has different strengths and weakness so he'll probably be a bit tougher, but I'm sure he'll do fine too. He'll start up in September. Rebekah is working with Titus and the girls, but oddly enough Serenity knows almost the whole alphabet which is more than either Titus or Liberty. Shows like Word World on PBS help as well.
I think it's interesting how many experiences in my life were invaluable, and others were detrimental. My public school experience had such hugely negative impressions on me due to my classmates that in this day and age it's difficult to seriously consider putting my kids into a school system where teenagers decide they're lesbians and environmental propogranda is the rule of the day. That being said, I don't look down on parents that do use the public school system. Anyway, I am right and you are wrong. And if you don't agree with that statement then you just proved my point.
No comments:
Post a Comment