Friday, May 21, 2010

good news and bad news

What are hills without valleys huh? We managed to pay off some significant debts with our tax return as well as put some into savings for wood purchases, furnace oil, etc. Unfortunately, we had some expenses unplanned for and so my funds for working on a new bathroom are non-existent. But due to my willful ignorance of our financial state combined with Rebekah's difficulty in keeping me in the loop I have taken over the management. So, at least now if we don't have money I know about it. Of course, Rebekah was kind enough to do the finances before because they stressed me out so much. Hopefully, I've matured a little bit and I can manage to be a little more mature about it.

Titus was working on something tonight and I guess he was using my tools to put some "signs" up. Normally, I wouldn't approve of a child hammering nails into my trim but the piece he was "working" on was so beat up that I decided it couldn't look any worse. After that he took a hammer and and pencil and paper and sat at the table deep in thought. Sometime later he went and got a plastic sack and went around the house picking up toys. Without being asked. Very sweet. He frequently asks when we're going to go visit Grandpa too. We need to make a trip that way, but just for gasoline we're talking $70. Tack on some meals and stuff and it's at least $100. <sigh>

No comments: