Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kids are expensive

duh! But I was assuming we were talking about food, clothing, medical care, etc. What I didn't fully appreciate was how much damage that they would do to property. Just yesterday my sound system damaged probably 5 speakers because Serenity turned the volume on my amplifier to maximum. I put in a movie which autoplayed and ya know the roaring lion? Yeah well, it was so loud that all my kids were crying and I was yelling because I was so surprised and mad. <sigh>

I spose it was time for my girls to do some major damage. They've been pretty limited thus far. I spose I shouldn't feel bad, my friend Kelly has had his youngest do thousands of dollars in damage. He flooded an upstairs bathroom.

So, hear I sit watching the episode of Buffy where she kills herself to save humanity and blogging while desperately ignoring the static everytime the background music plays.

BTW, thanks to whomever (or whomsever) gave us the generous donation. I'm thinking about starting a telethon. Man did I hate those when I was a kid. I swear, that was the only time there was anything good on PBS. I remember watching the "Flight of the Phoenix" and it took forever due to all those stupid smiling people with their ringy ding telephones. I didn't really like the movie anyway. Who can like a movie where Jimmy Stewart is a model plan bigot. sheesh.

This week has been rough. I first had a bad cold that put me in bed for a day and then today my boss sent me home from work (what a nice boss) because I looked so bad. I'm feeling decent now so I'm hoping a decent nights sleep will help me end this week on a more positive note.

Forrest also got really sick with some stomach bug about a day before my last bout. It's hard to hear your wee ones kissing porcelain. Clell is doing a bit better but I still call him snuffy. So far the rest of the family is mostly healthy and I'm praying they stay that way.

btw, what's decoupage anyway?

No comments: