Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's so quiet

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better and even (for a moment) considered going with my wife on the outing with the kids. It's so hard to do things with as many kids as we have that we have started to find the events that are fun for kids and parents and inexpensive as well. Our two favorite events (well, my two) are the Military swap meet (4 miles from my house complete with rides for the kiddies and a car crushing) and the Ontario Air Faire (10 miles away) which has aerobatics and lots of cool military planes. The best thing about these events is that they are free and not oozing with masses of humanity like the carnivals. Rebekah took the four oldest this morning (leaving the babies with Keren) and will be home in a bit. She said that they were all really good and nobody even got in trouble. That's a medium sized miracle and a a testament to how interesting it is for the kids. I regretted missing it but I would've taken my disease riddled body and gone if Rebekah hadn't done it. But my symptoms have improved after taking a dramatic turn for the worse yesterday. I came home at 3pm and slept until 8. then I went to bed about 11pm and slept until 8am. Then I took a nap this morning. I'd probably still be sleeping but my stupid calves have been so restless. That's the ones on my legs not the the ones in the pasture next door. Actually, I'm not sure if there are any veal on four legs over there or not. I know that there are cows and a bull. I could get up and look, but well, I'm just not that motivated. You see, first I'd have to set my laptop down somewhere. Then, I'd have to stand up. Next, I'd have to lean over and pull the blinds. And the final straw is moving my eyeballs. And it might be all for naught since a calf could be laying down in the grass and I might not see it anyway. All this cow talk is making me hungry. Watching the "Life of Brian" right now. I think God has a sense of humor. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a massager/vibrator thingy and see if that makes my non-veal calves feel better.

No comments: