Who wouldn't want their very own domesticated zombie. I'm watching Fido via Netflix (on demand or whatever) which has a plugin for my media center (Windows Vista). This is tre cool because if I'm bored I can just find a movie or a TV show and watch it from the comfort of my easy chair (which actually is a lazy boy) with full remote control functionality. BTW, so far this movie is hilarious. It's showing kids about 10 training in school to shoot zombies in the head. It's set in the 50s or early 60s. Of course, you'd have to have the ability to laugh @ zombies. Unless they're midget zombies. Those things haunt my dreams.
Anyhoo, today our fam spent a bunch of time outside. The carport was a disaster (we have a large carport) and so we decided to clean it out. My wife graciously agreed to help in between feeding babies and stuff. First we started by taking everything out of the carport. Then we had to clean all the leaves and dust/dirt out. Rebekah did most of that. My wife did all of that with a little help (hiderance) from Titus. I went ahead and boarded up 8 feet by 4 feet holes on the other side that used to have lattice work there. Of course, in this heat my strength was sapped incredibly fast. Of course, I'm captain obvious and couldn't figure why my stamina was so lacking (I mean, more than usual). Rebekah egged me into getting into our kiddie pool (which she was wading in). After I finished one of my tasks I aquiesced in order to avoid a fight, i mean a beating, I mean a spirited debate. It actually was quite refreshing. I finally sat down (man would that have been a funny picture. humiliating, but funny) and leaned back against the back of the whale's neck. Yeah, it's a blow up whale. Soooo, a long day. Finally, late in the day Rebekah bailed as the kids were mutinying. I was wrestling with trying to fix a DIY bench that was a monstrosity of neither form nor function. I finally ended up tossing out most of the original creation and reinforcing the bench. Of course, this made it freakin' heavy. And the only person around to help me was little old Titus. But he did a darn good job, even if that thing was so heavy it could have hurt him. Once it fell on my head and conked me pretty darn good. I finally built legs and with little Titus' help I was able to finally get a sturdy bench. Although when I showed it to Forrest he was unimpressed and seemed to think (well, he told me as much) that it wasn't sturdy at all. At which point I picked him up and stood him on the bench. Then I grabbed Titus and put him up there too. Sometimes actions speak louder than words, because that seemed to put lie to his theory that it was still weak and wobbly. It's amazing how a 5 year old can be such a little know-it-all. It's not like we put up with it.
The babies are doing well. The hot temperatures have forced us to turn on the swamp cooler which makes the babies' bedroom too cold. So, they're adjusting to life sleeping in other locations. They'll probably be nomads when they're older. The girls are doing great. They have their own pink sunglasses and run around like little debutantes. I've been watching Buffy the Vampire slayer (by the great Joss Whedon of Serenity/Firefly fame) and the theme song is very rocky and they dance to it. It's cute now, but they'll have GPS locators on them when they're older and no dancing allowed.
From the movie------------------->Oh dang, Fido's restraining collar got broken. He's on a flesh eating rampage now. Oh, I guess it was just flaky. He only ate Mrs. Henderson before it turned back on.
Well, we're having some interesting times in our church. Pray for our church and our pastor. Since we're so small, any little wave is felt pretty bad.
Works is going well. The company hasn't done a mass layoff since February which is nice. They've just been sniping. One here, two there. Tough breaks, but it's a hard knock life (or so Annie says). They're still not in the black, but they hope to break even this year. speaking of work, I need to go remove some virtual serial ports. l8r g8r
Anyhoo, today our fam spent a bunch of time outside. The carport was a disaster (we have a large carport) and so we decided to clean it out. My wife graciously agreed to help in between feeding babies and stuff. First we started by taking everything out of the carport. Then we had to clean all the leaves and dust/dirt out. Rebekah did most of that. My wife did all of that with a little help (hiderance) from Titus. I went ahead and boarded up 8 feet by 4 feet holes on the other side that used to have lattice work there. Of course, in this heat my strength was sapped incredibly fast. Of course, I'm captain obvious and couldn't figure why my stamina was so lacking (I mean, more than usual). Rebekah egged me into getting into our kiddie pool (which she was wading in). After I finished one of my tasks I aquiesced in order to avoid a fight, i mean a beating, I mean a spirited debate. It actually was quite refreshing. I finally sat down (man would that have been a funny picture. humiliating, but funny) and leaned back against the back of the whale's neck. Yeah, it's a blow up whale. Soooo, a long day. Finally, late in the day Rebekah bailed as the kids were mutinying. I was wrestling with trying to fix a DIY bench that was a monstrosity of neither form nor function. I finally ended up tossing out most of the original creation and reinforcing the bench. Of course, this made it freakin' heavy. And the only person around to help me was little old Titus. But he did a darn good job, even if that thing was so heavy it could have hurt him. Once it fell on my head and conked me pretty darn good. I finally built legs and with little Titus' help I was able to finally get a sturdy bench. Although when I showed it to Forrest he was unimpressed and seemed to think (well, he told me as much) that it wasn't sturdy at all. At which point I picked him up and stood him on the bench. Then I grabbed Titus and put him up there too. Sometimes actions speak louder than words, because that seemed to put lie to his theory that it was still weak and wobbly. It's amazing how a 5 year old can be such a little know-it-all. It's not like we put up with it.
The babies are doing well. The hot temperatures have forced us to turn on the swamp cooler which makes the babies' bedroom too cold. So, they're adjusting to life sleeping in other locations. They'll probably be nomads when they're older. The girls are doing great. They have their own pink sunglasses and run around like little debutantes. I've been watching Buffy the Vampire slayer (by the great Joss Whedon of Serenity/Firefly fame) and the theme song is very rocky and they dance to it. It's cute now, but they'll have GPS locators on them when they're older and no dancing allowed.
From the movie------------------->Oh dang, Fido's restraining collar got broken. He's on a flesh eating rampage now. Oh, I guess it was just flaky. He only ate Mrs. Henderson before it turned back on.
Well, we're having some interesting times in our church. Pray for our church and our pastor. Since we're so small, any little wave is felt pretty bad.
Works is going well. The company hasn't done a mass layoff since February which is nice. They've just been sniping. One here, two there. Tough breaks, but it's a hard knock life (or so Annie says). They're still not in the black, but they hope to break even this year. speaking of work, I need to go remove some virtual serial ports. l8r g8r
1 comment:
New program / cartoon coming up this fall:
GRANT - THE BUILDER
Post a Comment