I finally went to bed about 9. AM. In the morning. Long story short, I got called last night by my boss blathering something about a site server going down and total data failure. So, for about 4 hours I babysat 4 kids and helped get things in motion for some disaster recovery.Then I proceeded to go into the office and work. I won't bore you with the details as I am still tired, but 2 hard drives failed in a RAID 5 array (second time in less than a year this has happened) so we had to do a complete rebuild. The services (e-mail and stuff) are up, but the data is in transit. It's only 200gig! geez. Heck, copying it over a gigabit connection to a portable hard disk taking us an obscene amount of time. I finally bugged out a bit before 9 cause I was toast. I almost fell asleep coming home and when I opened my eyes I realized I was starting to veer into a lane occupied by a very large and intimidating Octopus. Huh? Oh, I mean semi-trailer. Or I guess a semi with a trailer. Not that the trailer really would matter much. anyway, I've gotten 6 or seven hours since then but still feel like I've been wrung through a wringer.
Family life:
It's all about me! Stop asking about the kids. just kidding.
children 1-6 are good
Wife 1 is good
Wife 2... woops. nevermind.
Family life:
It's all about me! Stop asking about the kids. just kidding.
children 1-6 are good
Wife 1 is good
Wife 2... woops. nevermind.
No comments:
Post a Comment