from Rebekah
"I was sitting here (when I should be going to bed) and wondering when Forrest's schoolwork stuff is going to be sent out. So I went online and looked again at his courses and stuff like that. These are going to be his subjects this year: Health, History, Language Arts, Math, Phonics, Physical Education w/Lessons, and Technology. I really am excited for him to be starting school. I am planning to add my own Bible course to that grouping, but that will be an after-breakfast thing and all the kids (babies excluded) will be in on it. The person who's idea I'm adapting for Bible time said that they did one verse a day, just discussing what it meant, and also added a character quality in there...the character quality part lasting all week. And after they were done talking, all of them took a few minutes to pray. The girls know what "let's pray" means, even if all they ever say is "Dear Jesus, mumble-mumble-mumble, Amen!"
My Mother (bless her heart) taught all of us kids character qualities when we were growing up and I'm very grateful for that...I want to do the same with my kids. My thinking in training them is to name a quality, like honesty, and then talk about how we can be honest, what the opposite of honesty would entail, and then we can work really hard at being honest in everything all week long. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts that they'd like to share with me?? Really, I'm open for anything. :-)
We've been working on chores every day. It was quite a workout for me at first but then I realized that if I let the boys mark off their own chores as they did them, they were more excited to do them. Titus especially...he loves doing his chores and asks me for more. He's also been helping Grant a lot outside and Grant said he's been great...as great as a 4yr. old with limited skills can be. He can be quite a pill at times too (like complaining all through church, every single service), but he's a sweet little guy. Forrest is helpful the majority of the time but he hasn't learned to handle disappointment very well. The crying is a little hard to take sometimes. :-/ And the girls....well, they're 2 and into EVERYTHING. They are talking very well though. The babies...Trinity has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now and Clell wakes up just once or twice. He's such a guzzler though that it only takes him about 5 minutes to drink his bottle, and then he burps and goes back to sleep. It takes a total of 10 minutes most of the time. They still don't go to sleep at night very early but we're getting there. I have to remind myself over and over that they are only 2 months...be patient! :-)
How's Grant? The big hairy guy is as cute and lovable as ever! :-)
Love,
Rebekah"
"I was sitting here (when I should be going to bed) and wondering when Forrest's schoolwork stuff is going to be sent out. So I went online and looked again at his courses and stuff like that. These are going to be his subjects this year: Health, History, Language Arts, Math, Phonics, Physical Education w/Lessons, and Technology. I really am excited for him to be starting school. I am planning to add my own Bible course to that grouping, but that will be an after-breakfast thing and all the kids (babies excluded) will be in on it. The person who's idea I'm adapting for Bible time said that they did one verse a day, just discussing what it meant, and also added a character quality in there...the character quality part lasting all week. And after they were done talking, all of them took a few minutes to pray. The girls know what "let's pray" means, even if all they ever say is "Dear Jesus, mumble-mumble-mumble, Amen!"
My Mother (bless her heart) taught all of us kids character qualities when we were growing up and I'm very grateful for that...I want to do the same with my kids. My thinking in training them is to name a quality, like honesty, and then talk about how we can be honest, what the opposite of honesty would entail, and then we can work really hard at being honest in everything all week long. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts that they'd like to share with me?? Really, I'm open for anything. :-)
We've been working on chores every day. It was quite a workout for me at first but then I realized that if I let the boys mark off their own chores as they did them, they were more excited to do them. Titus especially...he loves doing his chores and asks me for more. He's also been helping Grant a lot outside and Grant said he's been great...as great as a 4yr. old with limited skills can be. He can be quite a pill at times too (like complaining all through church, every single service), but he's a sweet little guy. Forrest is helpful the majority of the time but he hasn't learned to handle disappointment very well. The crying is a little hard to take sometimes. :-/ And the girls....well, they're 2 and into EVERYTHING. They are talking very well though. The babies...Trinity has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now and Clell wakes up just once or twice. He's such a guzzler though that it only takes him about 5 minutes to drink his bottle, and then he burps and goes back to sleep. It takes a total of 10 minutes most of the time. They still don't go to sleep at night very early but we're getting there. I have to remind myself over and over that they are only 2 months...be patient! :-)
How's Grant? The big hairy guy is as cute and lovable as ever! :-)
Love,
Rebekah"
No comments:
Post a Comment