by Grant
Well, this time of the year is frustrating for me. I'm such an oblivious person (I've cultivated that quality) that I have a hard time really enjoying the time of year like I want to. Christmas sneaks up on me. Last year it was especially difficult because Rebekah had to go into the hospital and we had guests living with us. Ever celebrate Christmas in the hospital? Yeah, it was as rotten as it sounds. Poor Forrest was so upset about not being with us that it was breaking my heart. Last year sickness had visited me pretty hard and I was even so bad that my Dad (or was it my Mom) insisted that I go to the ER. After an hour or so there waiting, I finally decided that if they didn't consider it a true emergency then it probably wasn't so I went home. So, with all that in mind I could either enjoy the simple fact that all had turned out well and this year we were all home, or I could be frustrated that I couldn't celebrate Christmas like I wanted due to financial reasons. I chose the latter. Yeah, yeah, I'm working on it. There is so much to truly be thankful for and as I've learned from both the Grinch and Charlie Brown, Christmas isn't about the gifts. Oh, I'm not overly frustrated about me getting gifts. I've gotten little for the past ten years. I'm frustrated that I can't get my wife some nice things. The kids will get stuff regardless. But I can't afford to buy gifts for the family members that I will be around this year. It makes me feel pretty cheap to say to family "Don't buy us anything, cause we're not buying you anything." But, I guess that's something I just have to get over. I am very thankful for my family--even my extended family. No, our health isn't what we'd like it to be but that's life. Our girls are pretty healthy and happy and even if the rest of us are still afflicted in some way, we are pretty happy too. I have been praying fervently for health for my family and I would appreciate your prayers as well. A large part of our current financial struggle has been with medical expenses for this health trial our family is going through. Both Rebekah and Titus definitely need antibiotics again, but we have already spent about $200 just this month on Dr. visits and meds. Pray for wisdom and grace for the physicians that we will need to see. We need correct diagnosis (what's the plural of that?) and kindness in giving us new prescriptions over the phone instead of requiring a visit with a copay.
But hey, at least i know without a shadow of a doubt that I am going to heaven. And I am definitely grateful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment