Thursday, November 1, 2007

Late October update

by Grant

    It's been busier than normal recently. Rebekah was getting ready for her Mother and Grandmother coming out. Then I obviously had my Grandmother's funeral. So, let's start there...

    My Grandmother had suffered quite a bit recently as her body continued to deteriorate. As she required frequent care, she had migrated to various assisted living homes to a nursing home and finally to hospice. So, as much as one is sorry to see a loved one pass, it truly was her time. While I was at the funeral, I was very surprised to see the amount of socializing going on. But, it was actually a nice surprise. All of my siblings were able to make it back, although Forrest suffered a horrible trip being delayed and turning a 12 hour trip into something much closer to 24 hours. Because none of us from remote locations had been able to bring our spouses or children, we were actually able to spend a good amount of time in fellowship.

    My Grandmother and Mother-in-law or MIL for short, have been here almost a week. They have been very pleasant visitors (so far the rule that visitors are like fish has not been applicable). Other than giving up our bedroom for their habitation, and sharing a bathroom, it's been nice. Rebekah and I have been sleeping on a fold out couch, but my #1 Dad just got us a bedroom set with a pillow top mattress for $150. Way to go Dad! He and Mom are even gonna bring it down on Sunday. Now, who could ask for better parents?

     BTW, if you need a custom door made, then Sav-on in Payette will do it for a bargain. I'm used to patronizing Home Depot for my needs but a door through them was going to be in the neighborhood of $300-$400. At Sav-on in Payette, I can get the door for $145 + $25 for them to chop it down for me. What a bargain! :)

Oh, and I guess before I sign-off, the girls got sick last week. That was very rough as they ran high fevers and were very fussy. When we could get them to take meds they did fine, but if they were feverish then no way jose. I'm still trying to recover, Serenity is struggling (she lost her voice the poor thing) and titus is having a rough go. Do you think we can get a group discount at the Dr.'s office?     

No comments: