Sunday, August 19, 2007

Everybody is a critic

by Grant

I have subscribed to the blog philosophy simply because I ain't ramming stuff down your throat. You don't want to read about my ramblings, you can click that cute little X in the upper right hand corner. Or better yet, don't even view the page in the first place. I also have tried to break specific family issues into a separate section so you don't have to read my ramblings if you don't want to. Although, I have to admit that sometimes I mix the two. The perils of reading prose penned by yours truly. Now, to address one other criticism. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THE GIRLS WEIGH! We know it's at least 13 pounds. But we have not been taking them in for regular check-ups because we have some people that come to the house and make sure that they're progressing normally. Unfortunately, they don't bring a flippin' scale with them. Now, I'll give you an update.

Baby/Life Update:
The trips went well. I spent 16 hours (2 8 hour sections) with a friend and talked about all sorts of stuff and would probably bore the socks off most of you. The Baseball game was cool (even though I'm not a huge fan) primarily because of great seats and great commentary from Kelly. Why I don't watch sports: Because my team lost and I wanted to punch out an annoying Mariners fan in front of me. If I want that kind of aggravation I'll tell my kids to pick up their toys.

The trip to Fairfield went well as well. Rebekah went up early while I was in Seattle and I guess things went ok, but she was happy to see me. Considering the sheer number of people and personalities, things went better (far better) than expected. Titus is pretty challenging as he wants to get into everything, but after a few days he would generally stay close to the rest of the Ballard fam.

Right now I am sitting on the floor by the girls as I am sick. Rebekah took the boys to church. Instead of having the TV on, I turned on some music with some cool visualizations that display on the TV. The girls have been pretty fascinated by it. What's the music you ask? Sometime mild that Rebekah had. Uhm, named after a city in the midwest. Oh, that's right Chicago! Wow. this could be considered child abuse couldn't it?

As far as pictures go, my other family members took far more than we did. Maybe I can get some from them.

No comments: