by Grant
I have been stressing the finances for a couple weeks since Rebekah showed me how lopsided things were (income versus outflow). But, I was trying my best to remind myself that God provides and has gotten us through much tougher things (such as the last nine months). I started getting myself in gear and seeking out some additional funds while Rebekah started pruning things (such as our home phone). Within the last week I have secured some moonlighting computer work that should bring in a few bucks as well as I worked an on-call shift (which is rough at times). But besides those things, we received $375 from three different parties without any whining on our part. No prayer requests for finances (at least, not to my knowledge), no crying on friends shoulder's, nothing out of the ordinary. It's pretty tough to be too demoralized when God starts providing immediately. Yes, the money is only a drip in the bucket but it's nice to see prayers being answered.
Baby/Life update:
Rebekah is attempting to potty-train forrest. Argh! This kid is so afraid of the toilet, that it's not funny. I'm afraid if we keep pushing it he's going to have a phobia. Rebekah is very hard headed and not wanting to give up, but it's ugly. Tomorrow will be a determining day in this grand experiment.
I also had the opportunity on friday to dissuade a co-worker from quitting. Very upset this person was. Very discouraged about some issues at work. But the real problem was that "Jane" was dealing with pain on a constant basis. All the trials in her life had pushed her to the edge. I think that it's downright sad when an Ogre is active in employee retention. Life is funny at times...
No comments:
Post a Comment