Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Insanity
Ok, so it took long enough. I'm sorry. so very sorry for the madness and frustration that I caused my parents. Now I understand why my Dad (& Mom) got so frustrated when we did stupid things. I of course, don't remember a fraction of the stupid things but I do remember utter disgust a time or two and now I understand why. For example, I remember chasing Forrest into the house and him slamming the back door in my face. It was just a swinging door so I (being angry) just stuck my hand out really fast and hit the door with the palm of my hand. Unfortunately, my aim wasn't so good and I hit a glass window pane. I got some small scratch on me and I'm sure I bellowed like a cow who thought he was going to the laughter house, but in reality was going to the slaughter house (the "S" fell off the sign you see). But what I remember most was the lack of sympathy from my parents. Evil parents. I was hurt! Mom tried to explain it to me and I understood intellectually but it wasn't until recently that I feel the visceral frustration at all the things my kids do. Jumping up and down on a bed or couch? Not a big deal until the item that was a trampoline is now destroyed. And that's just it--destruction. Kids are so destructive. I cannot keep up. I resolved earlier this year to try to stay on top of things more in the house-upkeep department. One day I was told that the kids broke the drywall in a bedroom. So, I fix it. Before I even have time to think about a second coat of drywall mud and sanding, they break another hole in the wall of section I just repaired! So, Mom, Dad, I understand and I feel your pain now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment