Or possibly incompetence. Sometimes I am amazed at how bad a father I am. I mean, there is normal mediocrity due to incompetence and then there's the stunned silence due to shock and horror caused by raging incompetence mediocrity. Yep, that's the one that gets you down. Doesn't get me down. So, on this April Fools day in 2012 i acknowledge my incompetence. Sadly, I'm still vastly superior to most other fathers out there. With the possible exception of Bruce Willis. He's probably a bad father too, but he's cool. And that makes up for a lot. Plus he shaves his head. I shaved mine last week. Rebekah was mad at me. Probably still is. I'm not really sure since I haven't talked to her in awhile.
So, just saw a commercial telling kids to play. Pretty wild huh? Never saw that commercial coming. I heard a commercial on an old radio program telling people how bad things were and encouraging the listeners to get involved in their local church or synagogue. Sounded suspiciously like the government advocating religion.
Well, I'm 3 years into my bathrooms/shower project and I only (mostly) have one bathroom done. This lack of progress has inspired me to start working on the other bathroom. So, last week Rebekah and I built a wall and then I closed off the wall to keep the kids out. Then I got a sledge hammer out and broke down the dividing wall between the two bedrooms. The kids loved that. The floor is tongue and groove and over the years the foundation (or something) settled so that part of the floor was/is sloping really bad. So, I had to remove the floor and put sister-joists in. I am still in the process of doing that. Thankfully, I kind of know what I'm doing since I did it once before already. So, instead of prying up and splitting the boards, I used my oscillating tool and my sawz-all to cut the nails. Hopefully, over the next week I can get the floor put back in. I am going to flip the boards over because the normal side has gooey gunk from the linoleum. We'll see how it goes. Any day now I am going to have to shift modes and start working on stuff outside so I'm trying to get as much done as quickly as possible.
Well, that's all folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment