Saturday, February 11, 2012

bloggidy blog blog


man, i can't tell you how many times I've thought about blogging. But, and you should thank me for this, I abstained. The self pity and drivel that would have emanated would have driven you to despair, spat you out, sucked you back in, digested most of you in its first stomach, and then polished you off in the second stomach. I bet you didn't know that despair had two stomachs did you? Well, consider yourself duly informed.

Yeah, so it's been pretty rough. I've had some frustrating health problems that have caused me a lot of pain. I even hit the ER once just to make sure it wasn't a heart attack. On the postive side, I think that I am getting better. I've lost 20 pounds since the New Year simply because I couldn't eat without pain. I'm slowly eating again and desperately hoping and praying that the pain doesn't come back. So, that's been a big bummer.

Kids are doing well. Rebekah is hanging in there. Sometimes it's more than we think we can take. But, we hang onto the promise that God won't give us more than we can take, although he will push us to the edge sometimes. I know that Bodybuilders that want to gain muscle mass do what is called "lifting to failure." Just so you know, this technique is one of the quickest ways to quit weight training in record time. It hurts! It is so miserable to lift until you can't lift anymore, but that forces the muscle to break down and then build back up stronger than ever before. This past month has been one of the darkest times in my life, but I managed to hang onto my faith. Somehow, when trials come we (me) have this expectation that X duration is ok, but after that we lose hope. God doesn't work that way, and trials like this (where you don't understand what is wrong, how to fix it, or what to do about it) really teach patience. Tribulation worketh patience you know. Lots and lots of patience. Hopefully, if I learn patience the tribulation will take a chill pill and go drink a beer on the beach somewhere. Don't know if it works that way, but one can always hope right?

'nuff said.

1 comment:

Christian Teacher Public School said...

Hope things are looking up. Spring is coming, which is at least a bonus for morale.