Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stress

I feel myself growing older. Work has been very stressful and isn't showing any sign of letting up. Rebekah and the kids are leaving soon which I'm not very thrilled about. I think most husbands would be thrilled to have the house to themselves for two weeks. I've got lots of things to do that are frustrating to work on around kids, but I'm not sure which to focus on. Do I work upstairs on my bathroom project which has been largely on hold for the past two months? Or work on miscellaneous household items? Or this, or that? I'll figure something out. I spent the biggest chunk of today putting in a pulpit mic at church. Cutting holes in a $2000 pulpit makes me nervous. I also had to splice some pieces together, but I think the end result is quality and looks well. Doesn't work, but hey, it looks good. No, it works, but we need an off switch for the pulpit mic. didn't even think about that until Pastor mentioned it. Oh well, he just have to move it out of the way when he talks. The pulpit mic is for me and my glorious voice as I lead the congregation in singing. Without me, they would mill about like cats. Yes, I am the cat whisperer. Or herder. Or something. I'm quite tired right now and watching "Men who stare at Goats." Well, I'm more listening to it because it's hard to think creatively while watching a movie. Oh, and point of accuracy regarding this movie-if you're supposedly in Iraq and you steal an old pickup it will NOT be one of the big three. It will be a Nissan or some other product of Godzilla's home town NOT Motor City. Watch the news sometime. I'm right.

Will someone tell my wife to stop harassing me? I give up.

No comments: