About every 3 years our whole family gets sick. This Christmas time we won the lottery of illness. The boys got sick first, I came down with a fever before Christmas but didn't get really sick until a few days after Christmas. Trin got sick somewhere between those two aforementioned times. She was so sick rebekah took her to doctor. Trin was dehydrated but they weren't much help other than to tell us that she didn't have anything they could help with. It was difficult because Trin wouldn't drink, eat, take medicine or sleep. One of us had to hold her all the time. It's hard to put into words how impressed I am with Rebekah during these times. She soldiers on with no complaining through these extremely arduous times. She asks virtually nothing of me if she can do it. Sometimes, but not often, I realize that she really needs help and I give it without asking. But because of how tough and capable she is when she does ask for help I try to never complain because I know she needs it.
It's the girl's birthday today. They are still young enough I would like to wait until we feel better but that's probably not the best attitude. the days blur together being sick. Dad always said that you wouldn't feel any worse getting up and doing stuff than you do lying in bed. Probably true. yesterday I forced myself to move an electrical outlet. I felt better then than I do now. I've just been lying in my chair watching zombie and post-apocalyptic tv. of course, that would make anybody feel sick right? Try eating pizza while watching a zombie flick? yech!
Our pump house froze sometime during the night. thankfully, it happened once before so I knew what to do to fix it. Rebekah and I went out and I climbed down into the where the sensor is for the pressure tank. it has a tiny little hose that needs to remain unfrozen. So, with some thawing of the line w/ a heat gun it finally turned the pump on again. We have a heater down there to help avoid such inconveniences, but I wasn't paying attention and didn't plug it in. It's been a hard winter so far, and I desperately want the bad parts to be over (heavy snow, below freezing temps). But I need to adjust my mindset.
well, this sicky is gonna go take a shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment