I'm trying to write this blog while watching a movie with copious senseless violence. It's appropriate because my brain is pudding, or maybe oatmeal. I've been working upstairs all day, but I'll get to that in a bit.
So, I left a week ago to go to San Fran for a convention for VMware. Packed. 17,000 people. Too many people. The classes were packed out unless you go to them an hour early. Getting in line for an hour before for an hour class is not my idea of fun. But I finally figured out a good way to navigate the wilderness successfully to make the most of my time. Unfortunately, I got some bad blisters and by Wednesday they were seriously painful. I thought at college I had done a lot of walking, but this took the cake. I made it up to the warf w/ my boss and we ate at a couple places up there. I bought some souvenirs and promptly left one of them when I sat down waiting for my boss to wander back. Stupid blisters. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have put my stuff down. Grrr. Anyway, I never made it to the Castro district (hehe) or anything interesting. But that's cool, because I'm not really impressed by people, or culture, or anything much. I did read a couple local publications while I was there and I surprised that they were well written and not crazy liberal. It really confused me. I guess since everybody is so liberal there anyway, they don't have to use propaganda as much? Who knows. Anyway, it was fun seeing the kids when I came back. When Trinity first saw me she got this really weird look on her face. Almost like she was going to cry. It was quite touching.
So, I've been working on the bathroom project. Estimated time of completion is 2013. But I'm making good progress. I've figured out PEX and run supply lines (mostly). But before I can actually put a toilet in I have to fix the slope on the floor. So, I'm taking up the flooring and putting in sister Joists so I can put the flooring back down and make it level. Well, when I took up the carpet and 70 year old linoleum I found tongue and groove wood and I hated to just destroy it. Thus, I am trying to remove it and reuse it which makes the job much much harder. But, i'm semi-optimistic that it won't be a complete disaster and I hope to have a big chunk done before work tuesday.
well, i'd better go. Baby Clell is up and coming for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment