Well, Rebekah's Grandma sent us some money for Forrest's birthday to use for the whole family so my excuse for not going to the zoo is shot. Going anywhere with 6 kids is difficult at best and my enthusiasm is always very low and I'm kind of lazy so hence my reluctance to go. Oh, and I'm cheap. don't forget that. But my plumbing project is in a mild lull as the parts and pieces i ordered won't be here until next week. I'm spending too much money. Nothing really expensive but it all adds up. I've got the drain lines to the upstairs and I've started putting supply lines in using Pex. Basically, Pex is some sort of plastic-ish tubing that is somewhat flexibile and it's pretty cheap. Copper costs 4 to 6x as much. But, nothing is ever simple and there are different types of ways to do pex and so it can get confusing. I think I picked a good balance between cheap and easy. Anyway, I'm learning stuff. Today at work I plumbed an ice-maker for a refrigerator with a little help with some friends. One of those things that amazes me. I've never been very good at stuff like this, but necessity is a great motivator. Oddly enough though, pride is the biggest reason I'm trying to do so much myself. Of course, I don't have the money to pay somebody either so it works well. Since my Dad did most everything himself (and still does) I try to tackle as much as I can too. I understand better why my Dad got so frustrated at some household issues though. Some things get old. Since my main drain vent is plugged that explains (probably) why our bathroom sink has such trouble. But it's an old farm house. It has character. Much like a third-world country.
No comments:
Post a Comment