I put up a tire swing the other day. I had been promising the kids I'd do it for about a year but kept forgetting (just kidding, I just didn't want to do it). So, I had the tire (a white-wall no less) but no rope. Something kept tickling the back of my brain. After I killed the spider I remembered that I saw a tow cable in my truck. Since I haven't had to tow anybody (in the past ten years) I decided that my kids (and my sanity) would appreciate using it for a greater cause. I climbed up in a tree right when we as a family had to go somewhere and while my kids were screaming at me, I looped it around a branch. Rebekah came out to hear the screaming, saw me in the tree, and proceded to continue getting ready to leave. It has worked out pretty well, although the nylon has stretched a couple times so I've had to adjust it. The sun will destroy it soon I'm sure as it does with all things plastic, but I figure a couple foot drop isn't too big a deal.
My Dad was here this weekend and we spent most of friday figuring out plumbing issues. He gave me a lot of good ideas and it was gratifying to talk to him and actually have some good ideas already. I think now I am ready to start working. I'm hoping to get the plumbing and a toilet in before the year is out. Seems pretty low expectations to some, but with a full time job and various obligations plus 6 kids I think that's a realistic goal.
In other news, I'm hungry and I am going to eat a sandwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment