I've been working on the upstairs "play room" for the boys and I put some wood paneling up. Unfortunately the two pieces only gave me 8 feet. I needed 8 feet 2 inches. So, they're barely attached to studs on both sides. Since I need to do the drywall on the other side I was trying to figure out how to cover up the gap that would be left between the drywall and the paneling. So, since we pretty much have exhausted all our funds on wood and Christmas I found a piece of trim outside that I think I can use. I brought it inside and Serenity greeted me and promptly wanted to help. Since I never let the girls help and it was really light I let her carry it. Liberty wanted to help too so I let the girls carry it upstairs. It was cute because they were so excited to be helping. Other than it catching on things due to the length they were doing well. Unfortunately things went horribly wrong when we got to the tops of the stairs and I told them I would open the door. As I was trying to step over the trim, they turned and it caught my leg. Remember in "The Empire Strikes Back" when Luke wrapped the cable around that AT walkers and they came crashing down and exploded? yeah, that's a pretty accurate description of what happened to me. Not exploded as in got angry but more like the crashed and burned. My full weight came down on my knees in a rather violent fashion. Surprisingly, other than saying fudge! as I crashed I kept my expletives and anger to a minimum. My whole body aches (especially my knees and wrist). But after my wife and Forrest picked me up I had the girls come back up and finish. They were so happy that oddly enough I don't regret shattering my kneecaps yet. We'll see about tomorrow.
btw, i hate drywall

btw, i hate drywall

No comments:
Post a Comment