I guess God decided I needed a break or something because I got sick Sunday-ish. So, for monday and tuesday I missed work. But I couldn't stand the thought of missing another day of work so I compromised and worked from home today. Less strenuous in some ways. Mostly a psychological thing since with the chaos around this house it's usually more restful to go to work. My Dad always encouraged me to get up and I'd feel better. To be honest, I think that may be true for some people but I usually feel worse. After I take a shower my body temp usually is higher and so I'm completely miserable until around 10:30 in the morning. But, whether it's true or not it's important to not "give in" to being sick. At least, not for more than our social mores deem acceptable. I think it's funny that in four years of college at Bob Jones, I never got sick. Ha! Yeah, I did. But when you got sick there you had to check into the campus Hospital "Barge." And to add insult to injury, they charged you room and board! We were already paying room and board once! So, for four years I just suffered and endured. One semester I was sick with some sinus problem almost the whole time. Seems pretty savage talking about it now. We always knew that if we saw a Dr. it was going to be expensive because it was an out of network. So, for the most part we just saw the Doctor on Christmas break or summer vacation. Now the co-pays keep me away unless I've suffered for a month. Well, I'd better get back to resting. I'm planning on going to work tomorrow and leaving Rebekah alone with all the sick kids. Nice of me huh? :)


No comments:
Post a Comment