I've called my kids lots of things over the years and most of them are printable. I was thinking that it might be amusing to jot some of these down for posterity (in Internet years, that would be about 2 minutes).
Forrest:
- Velociraptor: Yes, it's a mouthful. But when he was first walking, he moved quickly on his tiptoes with this hands out in front of him just like those little nasty dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.
- il Duche: When Forrest was younger I called him that because he was so bossy. For those of you weak on History, il Duche was Mussolini's title and it means the leader.
Titus:
- Ti-Ti (prounounced Tie-Tie): I think this one needs no explanation
- Tow (Tube Launched Optically-tracked Wire-guided Missile) Head: Ok, towhead means a really blond headed kid. and TOW is a missile used by the military so I just blended the two.
- Scarface: Very recent because he got a nasty scratch that curved around his cheek.
Liberty:
- L-dawg: Short for Liberty Dawg ala Snoop Dawg
- Libs: Occasionally I do shorten her name in the conventional method, but I try to avoid Libby.
- Any Guesses? Yep, S-dawg.
- Rebekah calls her "Renny"
- Bill the Cat. This is from a comic strip (now deceased) called Bloom County. The cat would go "Ack!" and stick out it's tongue. Serenity does the same :)
I'm sure there are others and maybe I can get Rebekah to add to the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment