Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tough Enough

So, time seems to speed up as you get older. I just turned 35. I wish I didn't feel old, but I have ever since I turned 30. I started having problems with my wrists about that time so this marks the 5 year mark of wrist pain. I think it's tendinitis in the wrists w/ inflammation but all Dr.'s want to see is carpal tunnel even though the symptoms are wrong. Nobody once suggested tendinitis even though the symptoms fit. anyway, I just pray it doesn't get any worse.

Well, we got a new pastor for our church. Our last one, my brother in law, left about 6 months ago. Thankfully we had a guy to preach who is very good. The new guy is ex-USAF so he's got a pension which is a huge relief. We will still be tight on things financially @ the church though because we are losing one family. But, it's God's church and I just have to figure out how I fit into that properly.

Trinity burned herself today on our wood stove. Out of all the kids, she was the last I would've suspected. But, she backed into it and fell down. Her burn is pretty bad, but I came home from work and helped Rebekah put Vitamin E on it and it doesn't seem to be hurting her too much. She's such a sweety. She will just sit with me for what seems like hours. Forrest has said to me that I love her the most. No, I don't, although I may show her the most affection. But that's simply because she is the sweetest. "like" is relative and I like some of my kids more than others at different times. But I try to not favor one and if I have been spending more time with the girls and Clell. Titus is probably getting the short end, but to be honest he is more interested in watching TV than saying goodbye when I'm leaving. But that's ok, he's a kid. He's a good kid and he loves to help me do things. I caught him upstairs in the bathroom after light's out and he was "cleaning." So, I told him good job, pointed somethings out to him that he could work on and left him.

Several people have told me that this is the best time of my life. This may be true, but I've heard from other people that College was the best time of their life. I haven't had the best "time" of my life yet that I know of. I love my family, but Rebekah and I are beaten down with trying to take care of them, our old ancient house and property, our vehicles, friendships, and the the church. I really hope this isn't the best time of my life, but if it is then I'm grateful because although life is challenging I have never been so happy.

No comments: