by Grant
Ok, so there isn't really a lot more to say about the beta twins (Liberty and Serenity are the Alpha twins). Rebekah hasn't been back to the Dr. yet, so we don't have any more info. She's just past her first trimester, but she's still pretty miserable. I'm glad this is our last time around the maternity block.
Forrest made me dinner tonight. Peanut Butter and honey. Our food stash has gotten rather empty of late. I've been busy trying to help at the church as well as scrounge up some other work. My pay is being cut 5% as of January 1, 2009. I can't afford that except by putting my 401k contribution to 0%. So, that's unfortunate. But in some ways, I am relieved. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. The housing market is 1/3 of where it was at its peak 2 years ago. Our company is getting about 50% of the revenue it did two years ago. Wildly enough, there has not been so little new housing starts in the past 50 years. This is the worst it ever has been. Where have all the people gone? Don't they have to live in houses? I checked my trees and nobody's hanging out there. I mean, even if things are bad now, there should still be people getting married (for the first time) and needing a house so somebody gets something in the divorce. I mean, if all you have to fight over is who gets the dog it sounds a lot more petty. But I digress. Our family is doing well. As you can gather from the earlier statements, Forrest is a great help (when he wants to be). He likes being responsible but sometimes he finds it a drag. Well, I find it a drag much of time so I can't fault a 5 year old too much. He helped Rebekah a lot when she was sick the other day. I couldn't come home because we had the shoe drop meeting and attendance was required. So Forrest made cereal and fed the girls crackers and yogurt (or something like that).
I spent some fun time looking for a new vehicle this week. Today especially was fun. Rebekah wanted a Ford Excursion, AKA Land Yacht, since it had the room we need plus room for groceries. Alas, we are upside down on our Durango due to the severe devaluation of SUVs. But, since the car guys are semi-desperate I thought I'd see if they'd do anything. Their offer was so amusing (offering me 50% of trade in value on my Durango) that I laughed. Finally after a bit, they said "What can we do to make this deal happen?" I said, "Make pigs fly." He chuckled until he realized I was serious. It was an amusing experience. Our Durango is really nice and comfortable, but since it can only hold seven I guess we'll have to just drive two vehicles if the whole family goes anywhere. That's ok. that way I can listen to rock or some such heathen music while Rebekah indoctrinates our children with something wholesome. I see it as a win-win, don't you?
Ok, so there isn't really a lot more to say about the beta twins (Liberty and Serenity are the Alpha twins). Rebekah hasn't been back to the Dr. yet, so we don't have any more info. She's just past her first trimester, but she's still pretty miserable. I'm glad this is our last time around the maternity block.
Forrest made me dinner tonight. Peanut Butter and honey. Our food stash has gotten rather empty of late. I've been busy trying to help at the church as well as scrounge up some other work. My pay is being cut 5% as of January 1, 2009. I can't afford that except by putting my 401k contribution to 0%. So, that's unfortunate. But in some ways, I am relieved. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. The housing market is 1/3 of where it was at its peak 2 years ago. Our company is getting about 50% of the revenue it did two years ago. Wildly enough, there has not been so little new housing starts in the past 50 years. This is the worst it ever has been. Where have all the people gone? Don't they have to live in houses? I checked my trees and nobody's hanging out there. I mean, even if things are bad now, there should still be people getting married (for the first time) and needing a house so somebody gets something in the divorce. I mean, if all you have to fight over is who gets the dog it sounds a lot more petty. But I digress. Our family is doing well. As you can gather from the earlier statements, Forrest is a great help (when he wants to be). He likes being responsible but sometimes he finds it a drag. Well, I find it a drag much of time so I can't fault a 5 year old too much. He helped Rebekah a lot when she was sick the other day. I couldn't come home because we had the shoe drop meeting and attendance was required. So Forrest made cereal and fed the girls crackers and yogurt (or something like that).
I spent some fun time looking for a new vehicle this week. Today especially was fun. Rebekah wanted a Ford Excursion, AKA Land Yacht, since it had the room we need plus room for groceries. Alas, we are upside down on our Durango due to the severe devaluation of SUVs. But, since the car guys are semi-desperate I thought I'd see if they'd do anything. Their offer was so amusing (offering me 50% of trade in value on my Durango) that I laughed. Finally after a bit, they said "What can we do to make this deal happen?" I said, "Make pigs fly." He chuckled until he realized I was serious. It was an amusing experience. Our Durango is really nice and comfortable, but since it can only hold seven I guess we'll have to just drive two vehicles if the whole family goes anywhere. That's ok. that way I can listen to rock or some such heathen music while Rebekah indoctrinates our children with something wholesome. I see it as a win-win, don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment