Saturday, October 11, 2008

Beka's Birthday

by Grant

  So, it's Rebekah's birthday today. We have a friend who is going to come over tonight and watch our kids for us. That's really nice. We won't do anything too fancy. I thought about taking her to a movie, but nothing looks good which is good because an adult ticket costs $9!!! Holy cow. Do people still go to movies? We finally got a big TV this year and I bought a Dolby Digital amp from a friend and so we have a really nice home entertainment system. It's pretty darn close to a theater experience. Plus the concessions are cheaper.

Pretty fascinating watching the Stock market implode. Amazing what fear can do to people. But you know the old saying "buy low, sell high." It's low now. record low. It'll probably still go lower, but I personally think it will be one of two things. 1: It'll go so low that we have a major worldwide depression in which case you'll have bigger things to worry about. Or 2: it'll eventually hit a bottom and start coming back up. The one good thing I saw about friday is that some financial stocks actually went up. Most of the drops were from other companies (like GM) that were now being affected. This sort of thing has to work itself out. The government has a role to play, but socialism is a dangerous threat if they do too much.

Ok, boring stuff I know.

Anothing boring note. Titus is up and he's watching Max and Goofy in "A Goofy Movie." I find it amusing that they're driving a pacer. The seats and the doorhandles look right too. Of course, pacer was made by AMC and they went out of business over 20 years ago. OH no! It just blew up. It made it through the entire movie and then blew up and Goofy kicked the bumper. Sheesh, it's not a pinto. Stupid Hollywood.

Toddler/Life update:

For those of you who don't know, Rebekah is pregnant again. I'm praying it's not twins or if it is, then they're in separate sacks. I have no idea how we're gonna pay for another kid, but I'm trusting in God to provide. The girls are doing great. Liberty seems much less fussy these days. I think she's done cutting teeth. But now the temperaments of both girls are more even. I'll try to post some more pictures on my next blog post.

No comments: