Saturday, March 8, 2008

Torture

by Grant

My wife is watching some cheerleading movie. I'm not sure why, but I'm confident that she's doing it to torture me.

Interesting things have been happening.

The company where I work has been hit hard by the slowdown of housing starts combined with the sub-prime loan scandal. So, they decided to trim their monthly operating expenses to put them more in line w/ expenses. Translation: layoffs. This is a public blog, so I won't make editorial comments on how well it was executed. Suffice it to say that a fair number (10% roughly) of people were let go. Pretty scary times. It was a *little* less scary when I realized that there was a definite pattern to who got let go. I didn't think I fit, but who can ever say, ya know? But, the one person in IT that got let go did get some sort of severance which is pretty fair. We probably would have lost more, but we did some housecleaning prior. Also, we had one person quit (to go to another job) the week of the layoffs. All told we lost four out of Operations. If they cut anybody else, stuff is going to break and nobody will have the expertise to fix it. Thankfully, our boss fully understands this.

I'm going in for Carpal Tunnel Surgery this Wednesday. Hopefully that goes well. If not, my wife is already planning what to do with the insurance money.


Rebekah has some videos of the girls that I will heckle her to upload so all may view.

I know that there's other stuff, but danged if I can remember it now.

Blogged with Flock

No comments: